Sample recipe below. Spread also included oven Braised Beef Short Ribs and Meyer Lemon Pesto and Feta Penne with Shrimp. To view the entire issue online, visit the Town & Gown website.
Clementine Baked Chicken
● ⅓ cup chicken broth
● 1/4 cup olive oil
● 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed clementine juice
● 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
● 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
● 3 tablespoons maple syrup
● 2 teaspoons kosher salt
● freshly ground black pepper
● 8 chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on
● 2 fennel bulbs, cut into quarters
● 4 clementines, unpeeled, sliced thin
● 2-3 few sprigs of fresh thyme
In a large mixing bowl or resealable plastic bag, whisk together chicken broth, olive oil, clementine and lemon juices, mustard, maple syrup and salt. Season with pepper, to taste.
Place chicken in the mixing bowl or bag. Toss gently until chicken is evenly coated with the sauce. Allow chicken to marinate in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours.
Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Place marinated chicken skin side up in a 9 x 12 x 2-inch baking dish. Reserve the marinade. Arrange fennel slices in between the chicken, layer clementine slices and thyme over the top. Pour the reserved marinade over the entire dish.
Bake chicken for 30 minutes. If the skin is browning too quickly, turn the oven down to 400ºF and continue roasting until the skin is brown and crisp, 20 to 25 minutes longer.
Allow chicken to rest for 10 minutes. Arrange everything in a serving platter and drizzle the pan juices over the top.